Monday, March 2, 2009

Monkey love


It absolutely seems like the sock monkeys are my favorite item to make. I love making them, I love how adorable they are, and I love giving them personalities, making up their stories and taking their photos while they pose oh so openly.

The newest one is Tatu. She's a hardcore tattooist and contortionist currently living on the streets and singing for food. When I was making her I thought she needed some oomph so I started to applique felt designs on her (tattoos). I just have so much fun with them and I really hope that when people buy them they will make their day a little brighter, more fun, or more goofy (whichever feeling was lacking, I hope they fill the need).

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/02/2009

    Love Sock Monkeys, very cute. Nice to meet you Sucia, I must be the only one who doesn't know what your name means in Spanish. LOL
    Would love for you to enter my giveaway if you would like.
    http://iluvlucy8.blogspot.com/
    And I'll be back to read up what's up with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that monkey is cuuuuuttteee

    ReplyDelete